Course start date and registration
This course will start on _____
This course is not available for purchase by the public, access is available to authorised participants by arrangement with the university.
To access the course, please click Buy Now, register your details on this site, and use your contract code at checkout.
This training course is the first of four Aero electrical system focused CPD modules. Together, the four modules provides an introduction to aero electrical power systems fundamentals, requirements and design implications, Additionally, a comprehensive overview of state of the art and future trends such hydrogen, cryogenics, machines and power electronics.
This first module – Aero-Electrical Power Systems Appreciation – is summarised by the Key Learning Outcomes below:
Key Learning outcomes
- To understand the basics of electrical systems
- To familiarise participants with technology and subsystems that are part of aircraft electrical systems
- To explain the fundamentals of power electronics and machines
- To demonstrate knowledge of electrical protection, and the main fault characteristics.
- To apply comparisons of electric propulsion architecture and concepts.
- To recognise the fundamentals of hydrogen and cryogenics, and demonstrate and awareness of current trends.
What will I receive?
- Access to our online learning environment, Myplace