This course in People Organization and Leadership focuses on Problem Solving and Decision Making, covering the challenges and consequences of implementing change in an organisation and examining the relationship between change management and the human resources of a firm from an engineering-oriented perspective.
You will leave the course with an understanding of modern people management concepts and practices.
This course costs £250.
This course fee includes access to MyPlace our online learning platform, the course material for one year and a digital certificate of completion if you pass the final course test.
More details course information
is available on the university "Study with us" pages
We would recommend that this online course provides 4 weeks of learning material, at 10 hours a week.
The benefit of online learning is you can progress through the educational material at your own pace, and complete the course quicker or slower than the average 4 weeks. You will also gain access to the course material for a full year, so that you can refer back to your notes or material after completing the course.
This course will be launching in 2021, and once it has launched the course will be available for students to start flexibly throughout the year.
Key Learning outcomes
- An introduction to Engineering Management
- Problem Solving, creative problem solving and decision making
- The human element in organisations
- Leadership considerations and concerns
- The key characteristics of an organisation and how technology may shape it in the future
- Modern people management concepts and practices and The challenges and consequences of change